Tuesday 24 December 2013

God of my Life



To the God of second chances,
To the God of broken hearts and shattered dreams,
To the God of unfinished songs and unsung melodies
To the God of shameful pasts and hopeful futures...

God of my weary years,
God of my wistful days and teary nights,
God of my painful groans and silent prayers,
God of my life.

The anchor that held me when my soul was on a free fall,
The banner that was lifted for me when my enemies surrounded,
The wisdom that taught me when life's manual was too difficult to comprehend,
The love that comforted me when my tears were my only food

God of my weary years..

You gave me hope when I had given up on myself,
You gave me a dream when all my dreams came crushing at my feet,
You made me a believer for you believed in me,
You gave me a reason to fly for you showed me the light on this tunnel

God of my life...

Thank you for wiping my tears when my hands were too feeble to reach my face,
Thank you for listening to my silent prayers and secret desires,
Thank you for reviving the dream within me that had died along the way,
Thank you for clothing my countenance with your glory and covering my shame with your grace

God, most sovereign

This heart is grateful for taking me through fierce battles and showing me  incredible victories,
Thank you for trusting me with your glory and assigning me distinction,
Thank you for giving meaning to my weary years and indescribable groaning,

Light of my life, I am forever grateful.

M.

2 comments:

  1. wow.this is deep.its amazing how some of our life's greatest lessons and moments are learnt through pain,disappointsment and all bad experiences.whats important is how we get back up......and find that God was right there all along.
    thanks for sharing this insight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Narsi, thanks for dropping by and am glad that uv been blessed. am amazed at the goodness of God, hes God of the valley and still the God of the mountain. hes sovereign and can be compared to none. whatever comes, we can always trust him to take us through it.

      Delete